School Programs & Field Trips
Come Explore With Us!
We're dedicated to teaching students of all ages about the incredible natural world we live in! Whether you want to bring your class on a field trip to the Manatee Center or you're interested in having a Manatee Center educator come to you, we're excited to share our knowledge with students and groups.
Choose which program you're interested in learning more about:
The Manatee Center offers year-round programming for visiting K-12 school groups. Each program topic follows Florida state standards. A copy of each lesson plan and list of applicable standards is available for teachers upon request. Each visit to the Manatee Center will last approximately 90 minutes unless otherwise requested.
Please see below for information about pricing and how to schedule.
Because of room constraints, group size is normally limited to 50 students per program. Multi-day visits to the Manatee Center are welcome if accommodating larger groups. If you have need of more than 50 students visiting the Manatee Center in one program, please contact our Education Coordinator for special arrangements.
Each school program at the Manatee Center includes an overview of manatees and a live touch tank demonstration, as well as one additional program topic and activity. Please choose an additional topic/activity below:
Off-site programs are ones that our educators bring to your classroom, gathering place or public park. Each program generally lasts between 60-90 minutes. Multiple groups can be accommodated. Prices vary by program and program length (please see below for pricing structure). These programs are adaptable by age range or grade level.
Payment is due no later than the day of the program (or the last day of the program for multi-day visits) and is payable by cash, check or credit card. Invoices and receipts are available upon request.
* We require a minimum of 12 participants to conduct our programs. If less than 12 arrive, you will be charged for 12 participants.
* Programs are offered all year round unless otherwise stated.
* Programs are scheduled on a first come first serve basis.
* Once scheduled you will receive a confirmation email (or phone call if no email available) within a few days.
* We request a two week notice should a program need to be cancelled or rescheduled.
* We impose a mandatory 24 hr. cancellation notice (excluding weather related incidences). If this condition is not met, you will be charged a flat fee of $50.00.
* Because many of our lessons take place outdoors, please make sure students are dressed for the weather.
* Although the Manatee Center is situated on the Indian River Lagoon, we cannot guarantee live manatees will be nearby for viewing.
A complete list of the Terms and Conditions will be sent with program confirmation email once program is scheduled.